Every member of Alaska USA Federal Credit Union automatically receives a savings account at when they join. When you open an Alaska USA savings account, you can start earning quarterly dividends with a low minimum balance.
There are two kinds of savings accounts available; Share Savings and Premium Savings.
Earn stable dividends, independent of money market conditions, for a steady rate of return.
Increase your earnings with a higher rate of return on balances of $10,000 or more.
- Dividends are paid quarterly into your account.
- You can designate your savings account as a source for overdraft protection for your Alaska USA checking account.
- If you are a new member opening your first share savings account, you must deposit $5, but there is no minimum balance for additional savings accounts you may open.
- Avoid the quarterly maintenance fee of $5 by keeping a minimum balance or by having another Alaska USA account associated with this one (checking account, loan with a balance).
- You may designate an account as a memorial for the purpose of collecting memorial or donation funds
Dividends are calculated daily and paid quarterly. Your money earns dividends from the date of deposit to the date of withdrawal.
The applicable minimum daily balance is required to obtain the stated Annual Percentage Yield (APY).
You may change your savings account type, one time per dividend period by visiting a branch office or by calling the Member Service Center. Please note that the type of account does not automatically change based upon the account balance.
For complete account information, refer to the Share Account Disclosure Statement. You will also receive a copy when you open an account.
Not a member? Not a problem!
There's never been a better time to become a member. Get in touch today!